We welcome everyone to join us at St. Mary's Episcopal Church.
St. Mary's Church began in 1704 on the banks of Chapel Branch, West of what is now Seaford, as a Chapel of Ease (under the Diocese of Easton, MD).
The boundary between Maryland and the Lower Three Counties on the Delaware was in dispute until 1768. Tradition tells us that St. Mary's suffered a fire and it is recorded as closed, about 1803. The congregation met in several homes in Seaford and Bridgeville, and in what was then known as Patten's Hall.
On February 2, 1892, Bishop Coleman dedicated the present church as a memorial to Bishop Alfred Lee (the first Bishop of Delaware 1884-1887).
Following a fire in November, 1979, the church was restored and the present, Parish House was built.
St. Mary's is conveniently located in Bridgeville, Delaware
at 2 N. William Street, on the North West corner at John Street.
Please refer to map: